Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ruben Ximenes Correia <ru...@makewise.pt> on 2009/02/02 11:15:30 UTC

FTP Server roadmap

Hi
I need to embedded a FTP Server to a commercial java application, and
your solution seems to be just what I'm looking for. But since it is
still been released as an RC, I'd like to know when should we expect a
final 1.0.0 version (I've search the site and found not information
regarding this).

Best regards,

Ruben Correia

Re: FTP Server roadmap

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Ruben Ximenes Correia
<ru...@makewise.pt> wrote:
> Given your answers, I'd like to know if there's any viable "stable"
> open-source alternative to Apache FTPServer, for I've search a lot in the
> past few days and the only credible solution for a java FTP server API seems
> to be yours...

I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with any other project, but
that's more likely due to me not looking around. I'm sure there must
be tons of open source Java FTP servers out there. Whatever their
quality or activity is a different matter of course.

/niklas

Re: FTP Server roadmap

Posted by Ruben Ximenes Correia <ru...@makewise.pt>.
Thank you for your replies.
Given your answers, I'd like to know if there's any viable "stable"
open-source alternative to Apache FTPServer, for I've search a lot in
the past few days and the only credible solution for a java FTP server
API seems to be yours...

Thanks in advance,

Ruben Correia

Re: FTP Server roadmap

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> Not to mention that FTPServer 1.0-RC2 depends on MINA-2.0.0-M4 ...

I don't think this is a show stopper for neither using FtpServer or
releasing 1.0.0 of FtpServer. The functionality we use and expose to
FtpServer users has been highly stable in MINA for a long time.

> Btw, the MINA site 'latest download' still refers to
> FTPServer-1.0.0-M3, not to RC2 ...

Oups, fixed now (awaiting The Sync).

/niklas

Re: FTP Server roadmap

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Ruben Ximenes Correia
> <ru...@makewise.pt> wrote:
>> I need to embedded a FTP Server to a commercial java application, and your
>> solution seems to be just what I'm looking for. But since it is still been
>> released as an RC, I'd like to know when should we expect a final 1.0.0
>> version (I've search the site and found not information regarding this).
>
> "When we're done" :-) Sorry, but that's the only guarantee that can be
> given now. The just released RC2 aims to fix all known major issues
> and might be what we release as 1.0, but you never know what our users
> will find. Anyways, using RC2 should be fairly safe and we won't be
> making any API changes so you could go ahead and use it as it is while
> waiting for 1.0.0.

Not to mention that FTPServer 1.0-RC2 depends on MINA-2.0.0-M4 ...

Btw, the MINA site 'latest download' still refers to
FTPServer-1.0.0-M3, not to RC2 ...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com