Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ted Vesel <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/05 21:11:27 UTC

ofbiz multiple domain + multiple database

I'm wandering if ofbiz can support multiple domains with multiple
database back ends, each domain would have a different set of configurations
such as different themes, different apps and so on. sites would be
independent of each other, or would I have to run multiple tomcat instances
to accomplish this.? Thanks

Re: ofbiz multiple domain + multiple database

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if by different apps you mean different components that is different
that modifying current apps differently.
and by configuration you mean properties instead of the entity
configurations that makes a difference.

However I believe the seperate instances of ofbiz is the way.
Now if you want to run these under tomcat without the embedded Tomcat,
then there is a different way to configure.

you can use virtualhost parameter that has been recently added by hans,
you can find a reference in the email archive, or you can use AJP

Ted Vesel sent the following on 8/5/2011 12:11 PM: