Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Sivakoti, Nikhilesh" <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2018/11/30 09:42:28 UTC

Manifold crawler issue | Alfresco | Not able to crawl large set of data

Hi Team,

We have been migrating the indexes from GSA to Elastic search. We are using Manifold crawler with alfresco webscript connector.
Crawler is able to crawl the less number of indexes. But it fails to crawl the indexes in QA environment.
We have more than 80 million+ transactions in QA which is making hard to crawl the indexes.

Is there anything we could do here to do the phase wise migration? Or do we have lucene support to query the contents as we need to query the contents under a specific path. But the current crawler using the SQL queries which is hard to query under a path.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,
Nikhilesh

Re: Manifold crawler issue | Alfresco | Not able to crawl large set of data

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I need better information before I can help you, specifically:
(1) How are you doing this?  What is your setup?  Is this based on one of
the shipping examples, and if so, which one?  What database?
(2) How is it "failing"?  What happens?  What do you see that is wrong?

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you check the ManifoldCF log for errors?  It sounds to me like the
agents process went down catastrophically, perhaps because of insufficient
memory.

Karl

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:46 AM Sivakoti, Nikhilesh <

Posted by "Sivakoti, Nikhilesh" <ni...@capgemini.com>.

[cid:image001.png@01D4896F.9A9E5570]

We are using MySQL database with multiple-process only.
[Email_CBE.gif]Nikhilesh Sivakoti
Senior Consultant | I&D ECM

Capgemini India | Bangalore
Tel.: +8099062 – Mob.: + 91 81236 25125
www.capgemini.com<http://www.capgemini.com/>

People matter, results count.
[50years]

Connect with Capgemini:
[Picto_Blog]<http://www.capgemini.com/insights-and-resources/blogs>[Picto_Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/capgemini>[Picto_Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/capgemini>[Picto_LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/capgemini>[Picto_Slideshare]<http://www.slideshare.net/capgemini>[Picto_YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/capgeminimedia>

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:03 AM Sivakoti, Nikhilesh <ni...@capgemini.com>> wrote:
Hi Rafa,

Yes. It deals with REST API of alfresco. But that REST API fetches the nodes using the hibernate configuration. So the API queries the database tables (ex.alf_node, alf_node_properties) based on the transaction id.

Here we have 81million + transactions in database and the job is hanging to process those many documents.

Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.capgemini.com/insights-and-resources/blogs>Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.twitter.com/capgemini>Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.facebook.com/capgemini>Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.linkedin.com/company/capgemini>Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.slideshare.net/capgemini>Error! Filename not specified.<http://www.youtube.com/capgeminimedia>

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.