Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ravali Kandur <ka...@umn.edu> on 2015/03/20 00:02:13 UTC

How and where is TopologyContext built?

Hi,

I am trying to use Storm for my application and I am unable to figure out
when and where is Storm creating the

TopologyContext (that is passed in the prepare method of Spout/Bolt) from
the Topology that we submit using submitTopology (in TopologyBuilder).

Kindly help me out with this as my further progress is highly dependent on
this.

Thanks !

Re: How and where is TopologyContext built?

Posted by Ravali Kandur <ka...@umn.edu>.
Hi Taylor,

Sure and Thanks for your reply.

Currently, whenever a topology is submitted to storm, Acker Bolt is added without users knowing (when we need exactly once sort of sematics) correct?

Similarly, I have a use case where I need to add new unique streams (without user knowing it) between the components in the topology in some logical order (as defined by my application).

For the same, I was initially thinking of doing this in the TopologyBuilder’s createTopology() method, but we do not have the TopologyContext with us at this point of time.

So, I think only after the TopologyContext get built, I will be able to do the steps I have mentioned above.

Please provide any suggestions if there is any better way to do this.

Regards,

Ravali Kandur

​

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:47 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> > wrote:

.//storm/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/daemon/task.clj

But the bigger question is what are you trying to do? A little more context would likely help us help you.

-Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.