Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2011/12/02 21:13:48 UTC

[VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1

This is the second candidate release for Apache BookKeeper, version
4.0.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311293&version=12317843

*** Please download, test and vote by December 5th 2011, 21:00 GMT.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.0.0-candidate-1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-287/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.0.0/

BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1, I have run unit tests, some manual tests, and gone through the
release checklist.

-Flavio

On Dec 5, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> +1, the sig/checksums look good, RAT is ok and the notice seems
> correct. Great job!
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> wrote:
>> This is the second candidate release for Apache BookKeeper, version
>> 4.0.0.
>>
>> It fixes the following issues:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311293&version=12317843
>>
>> *** Please download, test and vote by December 5th 2011, 21:00 GMT.
>>
>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
>> for convenience.
>>
>> Source and binary files:
>> http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.0.0-candidate-1/
>>
>> Maven staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-287/
>>
>> The tag to be voted upon:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.0.0/
>>
>> BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the
>> release:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS
>>
>> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to
>> build
>> and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1, the sig/checksums look good, RAT is ok and the notice seems
correct. Great job!

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the second candidate release for Apache BookKeeper, version
> 4.0.0.
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311293&version=12317843
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by December 5th 2011, 21:00 GMT.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
> for convenience.
>
> Source and binary files:
> http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.0.0-candidate-1/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-287/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.0.0/
>
> BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
> and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Posted by iv...@apache.org.
I forgot to attach the files. Attached now

-Ivan

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I missed initially that the changes are only to the binary packages.
It doesn't sound like we need to call a new vote.

-Flavio

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@ivankelly.net>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Yes. See this section:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license

I'm not sure if this changed btw when Hadoop/ZK started and current
documentation, notice that it says to include in the license file.
What hadoop/zk do is to include individual license files in the "lib"
directory, along side the jars themselves. We probably should change
this in zk to be in compliance.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Yes. See this section:

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@ivankelly.net>.
The vote has passed with three binding +1 from phunt, breed & fpj.

I'll push out the list to dist and maven. Once the mirrors have
synced, I'll update the website and send out an announcement.

Thanks for taking a look guys,
-Ivan