Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2018/03/19 11:10:19 UTC

git.apache.org issue?

I have tried to execute

git clone git://git.apache.org/jena.git

four times and each time I get:

Cloning into 'jena'...
remote: Counting objects: 349618, done.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly23.70 MiB | 275.00 KiB/s
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

and no jena directory created.

I have plenty of space so I am wondering if there is an issue on the apache
server.  Though perhaps  the issue is with my ISP.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: git.apache.org issue?

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.
I had no trouble doing that checkout a few moments ago, but I am on $job networking with very good throughput and I work only a few miles from Ashburn, Virginia (more data centers than you can shake a stick at). I was getting between 10 and 12 MiB/s. The total transfer was 352.82 MiB, so maybe you could try downloading a large file of about that size from somewhere else in Apache infrastructure to see if it's your connection to Apache.

Otherwise, you can always checkout the Github mirror, which is the same code: git@github.com:apache/jena.git

ajs6f