Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2007/06/12 06:47:39 UTC

KEYS

I am looking at the release of ODE 1.0-incubating.

The release doesn't include the KEYS file, which isn't a requirement, but I
would like to see;

 1. The official KEYS file downloadable from the website.
 2. The keys in the file to be uploaded to PGP server(s).

See http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html for all the details around
signing releases.

Later, when you have an opportunity to exchange public keys with other Apache
committers, such as ApacheCon, JavaOne or just 'happen to meet', then be
involved in the Apache Web of Trust. Henk Penning is one of the drivers in
the PGP awareness at Apache and take a look at his Apache home page;
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: KEYS

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 12 June 2007 21:48, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> As I've used mine to sign the release, I've made sure that it was published
> to PGP server(s).

I stand corrected... I probably don't know how to use the gpg tool.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers

Re: KEYS

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niclas,

It's not in the binaries but it's in the source distribution. Our KEYS file
is at the root of the project source tree ([1]). It still doesn't include
everybody's signature (unfortunately) but there are at least a couple ones.
As I've used mine to sign the release, I've made sure that it was published
to PGP server(s).

Including it in binary releases as well is easy enough and I'll add a link
to it on our download page. If a few other committers can add their keys, I
think we'd be set.

Thanks!
Matthieu

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ode/trunk/KEYS