Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Gracelin Priya <gp...@kodiakptt.com> on 2017/07/07 11:20:27 UTC

How to set timeout for client node

Hello there,

Test tool  which populates the gridgain cluster cache , had an error and it hanged @ the below point. It is not getting terminated automatically. It had to be killed for the client session to exit it.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Short cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.jdbc2.JdbcResultSet.getInt(JdbcResultSet.java:229)

Is there any setting in gridgain xml/java which I can set so that the client connection should get disconnected after say 3 seconds if any error is seen.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards,
Priya

Re: How to set timeout for client node

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Hi Gracelin,

I'm a bit confused. This particular ClassCastException can happen only
in user code because, as I can see, result set processing is already
in progress. So I don't understand where is relation between
connection timeout and hanging. You should correctly handle this
exception and just close your result set.