Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Pfeiffer <pf...@arbfile.org> on 2001/10/05 15:24:06 UTC

How to test value from dbtags with struts logic tags?

I am struggling with not resorting to scriptlets anywhere on my page, but
have hit a stumbling block.  I am using the dbtags ResultSet tag to iterate
through a set of rows and display some of the row's column data in am html
table.  Some of the columns are Y/N columns for which I need to build a
meaningful sentence to present to my user.  Example in regular java:

sustain = rowset.getString("SUSTAIN");
unanimous= rowset.getString("UNANIMOUS");
if (sustain.equals("Y") && (unanimous.equals("Y"))
{
    String outStr = "Unanimous that company sustained disclaimer of
coverage";
}
else if (etc....

I need to perform this within my jsp without resorting to scriptlet.  My
initial thoughts were to use the dbtags ResultSet - getColumn and put the
result into a page attribute, but it doesn't appear that struts logic can
get at the page attributes, only the parameters.  Dbtags doesn't support
putting the value in parameters.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Bill PFeiffer