Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 22:27:52 UTC

[Tapestry Central] Clojure @ JavaWorld

Another nice introduction to Clojure is now online: Clojure: Challenge
your Java Assumptions at JavaWorld. An introductory Tapestry article is
due at JavaWorld shortly as well.

--
Posted By Howard to Tapestry Central at 5/12/2009 01:26:00 PM

Re: [Tapestry Central] Clojure @ JavaWorld

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 2:32 AM, hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is JVM getting bloated with more programming concepts than just OOP?

No. JVM does not know about Clojure, just have support for dynamic
languages. It is just another language running on the top of a virtual
machine. Don't forget that the JVM runs bytecode, it doesn't interpret
the Java language or any other one. Any language X can be run in the
JVM, as long as you have a X compiler that generate bytecodes or you
have an interpreter written in Java.

> Is OOP on decline and more mathematical programming concepts on the rise?

I don't think so. Some people like functional programming besides
imperative programming.

--
Thiago

Re: [Tapestry Central] Clojure @ JavaWorld

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Clojure, Groovy and Scala are what I call "chimeric" languages ...
both of Java (the JVM) and capable of interop with pure Java code, but
mixing in something else to become more than the sum of the parts.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM, hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is JVM getting bloated with more programming concepts than just OOP?
> Is OOP on decline and more mathematical programming concepts on the rise?
>
> -Hari

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos

Re: [Tapestry Central] Clojure @ JavaWorld

Posted by hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com>.