Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/10/13 06:33:05 UTC

Re: De-basing / re-basing docIDs, or how to effectively pass calculated values from a Scorer or Filter up to (Solr's) QueryComponent.process

: In the code I'm working with, I generate a cache of calculated values as a
: by-product within a Filter.getDocidSet implementation (and within a Query-ized
: version of the filter and its Scorer method) . These values are keyed off the
: IndexReader's docID values, since that's all that's accessible at that level.
: Ultimately, however, I need to be able to access these values much higher up
: in the stack (Solr's QueryComponent.process method), so that I can inject the

my suggestion would be to change your Filter to use the FieldCache to
lookup the uiqueKey for your docid, and base your cache off that ... then
other uses of your cache (higher up the chain) will have an idea that
makes sense outside the ocntext of segment reader.

-Hoss