Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/05/13 00:14:39 UTC

CTR vs RTC (was: Re: Memory Renaming (try 2))

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 02:37:35PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > > 8) Someone with karma should probably rename the files to match the
> > >    appropriate names (apr_sms.h, etc.).
> >
> > Ack. Could someone with the karma please rise :-)
>
> There are a lot of people with "karma" but as I said the way we do things is
> to discuss then commit.  AFAIK that's how things have always been done round
> here, so please try to be patient.  It will happen.

Euh, no... the policy is "commit then review" (CTR).

The only time we really use "review then commit" (RTC) is for large design
changes or large patches, or changes to "stable" stuff like httpd 1.3.

Given that this stuff isn't even part of the build, it could really be seen
as "whack on it as much as you'd like, we'll see the checkin email, review
that, then send our commentary."

Cheers,
-g

--