Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/10/24 04:40:28 UTC

Quarterly report from Apache Xalan (Oct 23, 2005)

I just sent a quarterly report for Xalan,
and said that Xalan-C was expecting to release 1.10 any day now.  One day
later that day has come. So this reporte is updated with those facts.

Sorry for any churn.

Quarterly report from Apache Xalan to the ASF board

- Brian Minchau
  Apache Xalan PMC Chairperson
  October 23, 2005

Xalan
=====
In the last report (Aug 12, 2005) it was reported that
Matt Hoyt and Berin Lautenbach had resigned
their Xalan PMC membership.

Since then Christine Li, an active committer was
unanimously voted in by the Xalan PMC members,
and she became a new Xalan PMC member on Oct 13, 2005.
This was announced publicly at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-dev&m=112921544427842&w=2

The PMC now has these members:
   Arun Yadav
   Brian Minchau (Chairperson)
   Christine Li
   Dmitry Hayes
   Henry Zongaro
   John Gentilin
   Ramesh Mandava
   Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

Brian Minchau's tenure as Chairperson is up. He has been
Chairperson for over one year. The process has started to
pick a new PMC Chairperson from among the PMC members.
That process should be complete within three weeks and the
person elected by the Xalan PMC will be recommended to
the ASF board for approval for the next one year term.

Xalan-C
=======

Xalan-C 1.10 was released on October 22, 2005.

The release inlcudes:
  > Support for XML 1.1 and Namespaces in XML 1.1
  > Improved and stabilized C pluggable memory management functionality
  > Xalan XML serializer redesign for better performance ans stability
  > performance fixes
  > Upgrade from Xerces-C 2.6 to Xerces-C 2.7
  > Support for IBM XLC 7.0 compiler on Linux.
  > the usual bug fixes

For more details please refer to :
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/whatsnew.html

Xalan-J
=======

There has been no significant increase in JIRA issues
since the new Xalan-J 2.7.0 release on Aug 8 2005. It is
possible that a few regressions will be fixed in a
2.7.1 release, but that point-release is not yet in plan.