Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Roche <to...@ncsu.edu> on 2000/06/22 21:06:45 UTC

install Apache::Cookie for Win32? was: mod_perl setup for w2k?

Tom Roche 6/16/00 6:52PM

"Russell Lundberg" <ru...@csi.com> 6/17/00 12:01:17 PM >>>
> I got Randy's mod_perl binary running on my Thinkpad 600 with no
> problem. <snip> You'll be surprised how easy it is.

> Thanks Randy for the perl-win32-bin-0.6.exe binary.

Indeed! I bow in the general direction of Winnipeg. A few tweaks to
httpd.conf-perl, install the service per

http://apache.org/docs/windows.html

and Apache::Hello is doing its thing on w2k.

However, the site that I want to port from Solaris Apache to Windows
Apache uses Apache::Cookie, so I got

> [error] Can't locate Apache/Cookie.pm in @INC

in the error_log. I was unable to install the module using CPAN.pm
(seems to be a combination of server directories not being where
CPAN.pm wants them to be, and the win32 ncftpget.exe not taking the
switches CPAN.pm wants to give it), so I copied the .../Apache.pm and
.../Apache/*.pm from the working Solaris site. Now I get

> [error] Can't locate loadable object for module Apache::Cookie in
> @INC ... at d:/ProgramFiles/Perls/GNU/site/5.6.0/lib/mod_perl.pm
> line 14

which is

> if ($ENV{MOD_PERL}) {
>     (defined &{$class.'::bootstrap'} ?
>      \&{$class.'::bootstrap'} :
>      \&DynaLoader::bootstrap)->
>          ($class, $version);
> }

After a bit of research, I'm wondering:

? Is this libapreq related? If so, is there a libapreq for win32? I've
  seen the ominous

  Re: failure: libapreq + win32
  Doug MacEachern (dougm@cp.net)
  Mon, 10 May 1999 14:40:20 -0700 (PDT)

  and am hoping someone's gotten this working in the past year (oh
  please :-) Otherwise, is there a workaround?

? If not, what's wrong?

? Is there a win32 installer for Apache::Cookie out there anywhere?

Also (admittedly offtopic): can anyone provide assistance with getting
CPAN.pm to run on a non-ActivePerl win32, such as the 5.6 provided
with the Kobes install? Pointers to resources would be appreciated.

Please reply directly to me as well as the list/group (I'm on the
digest), and TIA, Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu

Re: install Apache::Cookie for Win32? was: mod_perl setup for w2k?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Tom Roche wrote:

> Tom Roche 6/16/00 6:52PM
> >> I`ve also found Randy Kobes` mod_perl binaries at
> >> ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/
>
> >> and am planning to try perl-win32-bin-0.6.exe. If anyone has already
> >> gotten mod_perl running on w2k, I`d appreciate your recommendations
> >> (or pointers to documentation)
>
> "Russell Lundberg" <ru...@csi.com> 6/17/00 12:01:17 PM >>>
> > I got Randy's mod_perl binary running on my Thinkpad 600 with no
> > problem. <snip> You'll be surprised how easy it is.
>
> > Thanks Randy for the perl-win32-bin-0.6.exe binary.
>
> Indeed! I bow in the general direction of Winnipeg. A few tweaks to
> httpd.conf-perl, install the service per
> http://apache.org/docs/windows.html
> and Apache::Hello is doing its thing on w2k.

Hi,
    That's great to hear .....

> However, the site that I want to port from Solaris Apache to Windows
> Apache uses Apache::Cookie, so I got
> > [error] Can't locate Apache/Cookie.pm in @INC
> in the error_log. I was unable to install the module using CPAN.pm
[ ... ]
> After a bit of research, I'm wondering:
> ? Is this libapreq related? If so, is there a libapreq for win32? I've
>   seen the ominous
>
>   Re: failure: libapreq + win32
>   Doug MacEachern (dougm@cp.net)
>   Mon, 10 May 1999 14:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
>
>   and am hoping someone's gotten this working in the past year (oh
>   please :-) Otherwise, is there a workaround?

Apache::Cookie comes in the libapreq package, so you
do need this installed. I'm not aware of anyone being able
to build this on Win32 - I tried, but without success.
But it would be quite useful to have - I'll try again.

> Also (admittedly offtopic): can anyone provide assistance with getting
> CPAN.pm to run on a non-ActivePerl win32, such as the 5.6 provided
> with the Kobes install? Pointers to resources would be appreciated.

I set up the CPAN.pm in the mod_perl binary to use tar and
gzip - does this combination work, rather than ncftpget?
The tar.ex and gzip.exe binaries I used are in the same
location as the mod_perl binary. Some fiddling with
CPAN.pm's Config.pm file might be necessary if you use
different locations and/or different paths than the
defaults in Config.pm. If you send me a copy (off the list)
of the error message you're getting, I'll try to see
if something looks familiar ....

best regards,
randy kobes