Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Parker <do...@netnevada.net> on 2002/12/28 16:14:45 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL Certificate

Hi All,

	We currently have a certificate from verisign to process SSL connections on a
win2k server, but we would like to move the certificate from win2k to a
linux box running
apache 1.3.23, can this be done w/out too much trouble, or if someone has done
this already, can you post the steps that I need to do?

-Bill

Re: [users@httpd] SSL Certificate

Posted by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org>.
> Bill Parker <do...@netnevada.net> [2002-12-28 16:14]:

>       We currently have a certificate from verisign to process
> SSL connections on a win2k server, but we would like to move the
> certificate from win2k to a linux box running apache 1.3.23, can
                                                       ******

[OT]: wouldn't you want to take the occasion to switch to a
later version of apache?  As far as I know up to 1.3.26 several (maybe
severe) bugs exist.

Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf
http://www.lpr.ch

Re: [users@httpd] SSL Certificate

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Bill Parker wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	We currently have a certificate from verisign to process SSL connections on a
> win2k server, but we would like to move the certificate from win2k to a
> linux box running
> apache 1.3.23, can this be done w/out too much trouble, or if someone has done
> this already, can you post the steps that I need to do?

The certificate that you have should work just fine under Apache and
mod_ssl, if that's what you're asking. You don't need to do anything
special to the certificate to make it work under Apache.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/