Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by john77eipe <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 07:50:17 UTC

Need a sample CXF web service creation steps

I need help with CXF 2 web services. I'm using eclipse (luna) and tomee+.

What are the steps involved in creating JAX-WS services and clients.

Steps given  tomee-examples
<http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/simple-webservice/README.html>   are
incomplete.

Re: Need a sample CXF web service creation steps

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <an...@gmx.de>.
David has a really good blog on the subject here:

http://www.tomitribe.com/blog/2014/06/apache-tomee-jax-rs-and-arquillian-starter-project/

What steps on the site are incomplete? - I will try to fill in the
missing gaps.

Andy.

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.
For clients the best way I think is using wsdl2java. This is a tool
provided by Apache CXF which generates interfaces to be used by clients.
This interfaces contains as method the method calls of the WebService. And
then you can use them with WebServices classes to get a Proxy around that
stub interface and call methods as any other method. Internally they will
create all connection to remote WS. For example:

QName qname = new QName(nameSpaceURI,localPart);

Service service = Service.create(url, qname);
GeneratedInterface interface = service.getPort(GeneratedInterface.class);
interface.mybusinessmethd();

Any question in server part?

> I need help with CXF 2 web services. I'm using eclipse (luna) and tomee+.
>
> What are the steps involved in creating JAX-WS services and clients.
>
> Steps given  tomee-examples
> <http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/simple-webservice/README.html>
> are
> incomplete.

  Alex Soto Bueno - Computer Engineer
  www.lordofthejars.com

Re: Need a sample CXF web service creation steps

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Code first most of the time.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau