Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/06/24 19:52:11 UTC

[Portals Wiki] Update of "Jetspeed2/ContentManagementSystem" by DavidTaylor

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Portals Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DavidTaylor:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/ContentManagementSystem

  On this page the functionality and implementation of the solution is discussed.

+ Proposed areas of Jetspeed core development:
+
+ * Site and PSML persisted in JCR (Jackrabbit) Repository
+ * Navigation integration with repository: portal can navigate directly to bookmarked content
+ * Automatic publishing of content from repository, immediately accessible in portal
+ * Security synchronized with JCR security
+
+ I believe a true CMS is a large development effort. People can choose to integrate with Apache-licensed CMS projects. There are two project I know of:
+
+ 1. [http://onehippo.org/ Hippo]
+ 2. [http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/ Brix]
+
+ Both of these CMS implementations are based on Wicket.
+
+ Regarding your proposal to create the following portlets:
+
+ * CMSViewPortlet
+ * CMSAdminPortlet
+ * CMSMenuPortlet
+
+ We could develop those administrative portlets at Apache. I would recommend putting the code in either the j2-admin project, or creating a new CMS project at [http://portals.apache.org/applications/ Apache Portals]
+