Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/19 23:32:53 UTC

SolrCloud Distributed Indexing

Hi,

I'm curious to know whether Distributed Indexing is on the roadmap for 4.0.
Looking at JIRA and past dev list discussions, there seem to have been
efforts around DI in the past, but no recent activity.

Is this being worked on, postponed or deemed not important enough all together?

Thanks,
Yury

Re: SolrCloud Distributed Indexing

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
2011/5/19 Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com>:
> I'm curious to know whether Distributed Indexing is on the roadmap for 4.0.
> Looking at JIRA and past dev list discussions, there seem to have been
> efforts around DI in the past, but no recent activity.
>
> Is this being worked on, postponed or deemed not important enough all together?

Yes, some people have started some work on it, and it is very
important, and I plan to start tackling it myself after Lucene
Revolution.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco