Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/04 17:09:44 UTC

Progress on Tapestry 5 Book

Hi all,

i wrote a blog post about the progress on the Tapestry 5 book:

http://blog.tapestry5.de/index.php/2012/07/04/progress-on-tapestry-5-book/

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

Re: Progress on Tapestry 5 Book

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
Igor - it's awesome to see this come to fruition, I've been looking forward
to it since the Manning MEAP days of this book. I can't wait to get my
hands on the book - it's a huge contribution to the English speaking T5
community, I hope that it works out well for you as an author !

Cheers,

Alex K

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.
Well done Igor.

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de>.
On 27.07.2012 02:53, Chris Collins wrote:

> http://www.quora.com/Kickstarter/Is-it-possible-to-use-Kickstarter-com-as-a-non-US-resident

It seems that this service is not available anymore:

-----

http://bridgestarter.com/

We have learned that our Revenue Collection Services - which provide
individuals outside of the US with the ability to use Kickstarter -
have, effectively, been shut down. Amazon Payments sent notice that
Bridgestarter's accounts have been suspended.

-----

- Stephan

Re: Progress on Tapestry 5 Book

Posted by Chris Collins <ch...@me.com>.
There is this note:

Posted by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com>.
Oops too late

:$

Sorry for the comments in the email.

Still the content remains valid: Small and frequent publications are cheaper for the readers, and more convenient for the authors. Furthermore, waiting too long (almost two years?) for a book on a technology that evolves fast, such as Tapestry, will benefit no one.

Of course, Igor can always put all his contributions together and release THE Book.

Last but not least, I think we should form a kind of editorial board or a reviewing committee or something else to help authors that want to share their findings/ideas/works about Tapestry. Basically is like writing code and committers.

We can use the same technologies and processes adopted for managing scientific publications.

What you think?

-- Alessio

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Collins <ch...@me.com>.