Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2022/03/03 10:03:15 UTC

Last call Empire-db v3 & Preview for new Website!

Dear community,

I am happy to announce, that we're nearly there: IMO Empire-db version 3.0 is ready for release now.
Anyone still wanting to contribute before I start preparing a release candidate?

I think version 3 is awesome, but how do we convince the rest of the world, that it's the best thing since sliced bread?
The answer is (hopefully) our all new Website.
Here is a link to a preview:
https://empire-db.apache.org/preview-v3

Please have a look at it and give me your opinion.
I appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Rainer

Re: Last call Empire-db v3 & Preview for new Website!

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@gmail.com>.
two suggestions:

- link to repo "empire-db-example-codegen" and "empire-db-maven-plugin" on
database first page is missing*.*
they are submodules of main repo... so link to main repo?

- for developers that want to see the final SQL: add somewhere the info
that it is always possible to see the sql statement (cmd.getSelect())
because this was always a mess in hibernate... one more argument for
empire-db

Posted by Jan Glaubitz <ja...@glaubitz.org>.
Hi Rainer,

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@gmail.com>.
Dear Rainer,

I think I want to contribute the Spring Boot example again. Maintenance
should be no big effort.
Is this ok for you?

Some more improvements for new website:
- "Community": links to archive of all mailing lists
- GIT: adding additionally github for contributing makes it easier (at
least for me :-) )

Greetings
Ralf

Re: Last call Empire-db v3 & Preview for new Website!

Posted by Jan Glaubitz <ja...@glaubitz.org>.
Hi Rainer,

Posted by Jan Glaubitz <ja...@glaubitz.org>.
Hi Rainer,

thanks for your great work on version 3 and the new website.

I just finished migrating my big webapp to Empire-db 3.0 using your migration guide. It was a little bit painful but I think it was worth it. I really like the new clean API.

I like the new website, too. Its good to see so many example code there.

> Copyright © The Apache Software Foundation .

there should be no space in front of the „.“

> Support for Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, MySql, HsqlDB, Derby, H2 and more…

MySql should be MySQL. And maybe even MySQL / MariaDB as it’s basicially the same (I used the 2.x MySQL Driver for a MariaDB instance w/o problems).

From my point of view version 3 is in a state which can be released.

- jan

Posted by Jan Glaubitz <ja...@glaubitz.org>.
Hi Rainer,

thanks for your great work on version 3 and the new website.

I just finished migrating my big webapp to Empire-db 3.0 using your migration guide. It was a little bit painful but I think it was worth it. I really like the new clean API.

I like the new website, too. Its good to see so many example code there.

> Copyright © The Apache Software Foundation .

there should be no space in front of the „.“

> Support for Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, MySql, HsqlDB, Derby, H2 and more…

MySql should be MySQL. And maybe even MySQL / MariaDB as it’s basicially the same (I used the 2.x MySQL Driver for a MariaDB instance w/o problems).

From my point of view version 3 is in a state which can be released.

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi Rainer,

on the "why" page are small typos

   - DMBS should be DBMS?
   - "Traditional Java-Benas" should be "Traditional Java-Beans"

--
Ralf Eichinger
Georg-Lindau-Str. 5