Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2002/05/15 11:56:07 UTC

Re: using apache::asp with mod_perl 2.0, under apache 2.0 win32

mrjaffa21 wrote:

> For some time i've been using apache v1.3 + mod_perl 1.3 and
> apache::asp under win32.  When Apache 2.0 was released I thought I
> would upgrade, due to the enhanced support under win32 environments;
> so I installed apache 2.0 which was pre-compiled and linked with
> mod_perl 2.0 support.  I've copied the asp directives from apache 1.3
> httpd.conf file and pasted them into the apache 2.0's httpd.conf
> file.  When I start apache 2.0, it complains that "PerlModule not
> allowed here", the directives im using are:
>
> PerlModule Apache::Registry
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
> PerlRequire  "c:/apache2/conf/startup.pl"
> <Files ~ (\.asp)>
>    SetHandler  perl-script
>    PerlModule  Apache::ASP
>    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>    PerlSetVar  Global "c:/apache2/conf"
>    PerlSetVar  StateDir "c:/apache2/asp"
> </Files>

Try moving the PerlModule to outside the <Files> block.
I ran into this problem too when getting mod_perl2 working just now.
Note also that at least for now, Apache::ASP seems to only run
fairly well when ThreadsPerChild is set to 1.

--Josh