Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Massimiliano Amato <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 00:06:29 UTC

Webstart and Upload

Hello,

I ported my application into maven2 using Webstart plugin and i have the zip
file generated, but i have a couple question

1) I have the zip file produced, is there a way to upload to the ftp site
where my JWS runs automatically or i have to do it manually?

2) I have a complex system, basically i first use filtering to generate not
only template.vm but also all the sets of development/testing/production
html files that will ship to the site. All those files are put in
target/classes of course and then template.vm is used to generate app.jnlp
When the zip is generated i have to include, dependency, app.jnlp and all
other extra file that for me stays in the same directory as
template.vm(target/classes). Any way not to include it? Is not a big
dela just trying
to understand if this can be done

Thanks
Massimiliano

Re: Webstart and Upload

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/07, Massimiliano Amato <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ported my application into maven2 using Webstart plugin and i have the zip
> file generated, but i have a couple question
>
> 1) I have the zip file produced, is there a way to upload to the ftp site
> where my JWS runs automatically or i have to do it manually?

This is not something the webstart plugin will do for you, but you can
reuse any other file tranfer plugin (or write your own plugin) to do
so.

I would probably try to reuse the antplugin  to do something like that.

> 2) I have a complex system, basically i first use filtering to generate not
> only template.vm but also all the sets of development/testing/production
> html files that will ship to the site. All those files are put in
> target/classes of course and then template.vm is used to generate app.jnlp
> When the zip is generated i have to include, dependency, app.jnlp and all
> other extra file that for me stays in the same directory as
> template.vm(target/classes). Any way not to include it? Is not a big
> dela just trying
> to understand if this can be done

by default the plugin takes everything under the src/main/jnlp/resources dir

So change the mojo config to force the webstart plugin to use the
place where your processed resource files will be (e.g.
target/classes).

<configuration>
  <jnlp>
    <resources>HERE</resources>

I think that should work.

PS: use the mojo user list to report problems on mojo project plugins.