Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> on 2011/11/21 11:26:30 UTC

Discontinue or update the vsinstaller plugin !?

Hi again,

the maven-vsinstaller-plugin is outdated. On my machine it even fails, because it can't find a component descriptor for dotnet-module - vsinstaller has it's own Components.xml in order to be able to run standalone.

If we want to keep it up to date, we would have to:

1) Remove the Components.xml and instead create a package (Assembly-plugin) in VisualStudio.Addin that contains needed DLLs and the .AddIn-file and then reuse the same for both the wix-based Windows installer and vsinstaller-plugin (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-293).

Then, on install, only override the bin-path for the DLL.

2) Update the documentation of the plugin (usage).

3) Update the documentation of how to debug NPanday Addin (because then the developer can just use the vsinstaller)

_
Lars

Re: Discontinue or update the vsinstaller plugin !?

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Actually I was wrong - it's just that you can't run the VS installer plugin while you are located in some Maven Project that contains dotnet-module packaging.