Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dario Novakovic <da...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/23 14:44:32 UTC

can't make it work

hi everybody!

i am new to turbine, but i have decent expirience with
servlets and other server stuff.

now i am trying to make very basic application using
velocity service which would display some value from
velcity context. i compiled java class Hello which put
some value in the context and i created hello.vm
template with "$key" in it. class file is in
"WEB-INF/clases" dir and hello.vm is in
"templates/screens" dir. when i tried to to request it
i was getting errors saying that i need Defult.vm then
Index.vm and Error.vm. i made all three and now i
don't get errors but i also don't get my page. request
url is

localhost/test/servlet/Turbine/templates/hello.vm

and what i get is default.vm with index.vm screen in
it. i am realy confused because i did everything what
needs to be done (as in docs) but Turbine servlet
ignores my request. am i missing something? can you
please give me some guideance?

dario

Re: can't make it work

Posted by hb...@openj.net.
One problem could be that you are getting redirected
onto the "login" screen, while trying to access hello.vm

Also ensure that the hello class is located in the right
package structure like WEB-INF/classes/org/foo/modules/screens/hello.class

hth,

heiko