Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2003/07/30 13:27:44 UTC

Web services (SOAP/WSDL) server

Hey,

I tried to look from mailinglists and wiki to see if there would be
anything usefull information about cocoon 2.1 and web services support.
So, what is the current status of cocoon and webservices as server?

Of course you can generate WSDL by yourself and do soap acting through
streamGenerator, but it should be more automatic. To descripte function
and then let the cocoon do WSDL-document and act as SOAP-server. Of
course there are more in web service than WSDL and SOAP, but those seem
to be the basics of web services (well, I would count UDDI to that).

- Joose

--
Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>  GSM: 044 561 0270
* Always remember that you are unique.

Re: Web services (SOAP/WSDL) server

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@managesoft.com>.
Hi Joose,

There's an Axis block available which essentially embeds Axis as a SOAP
server inside of Cocoon.

Have a look at cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/axis for more details.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers,

Marcus

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:27:44PM +0300, Joose Vettenranta wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I tried to look from mailinglists and wiki to see if there would be
> anything usefull information about cocoon 2.1 and web services support.
> So, what is the current status of cocoon and webservices as server?
>
> Of course you can generate WSDL by yourself and do soap acting through
> streamGenerator, but it should be more automatic. To descripte function
> and then let the cocoon do WSDL-document and act as SOAP-server. Of
> course there are more in web service than WSDL and SOAP, but those seem
> to be the basics of web services (well, I would count UDDI to that).
>
> - Joose
>
> --
> Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>  GSM: 044 561 0270
> * Always remember that you are unique.
>                           Just like everyone else.*

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: