Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com> on 2002/09/18 18:19:10 UTC

Running multiple Turbine instances in J2EE AS?

Hello!

I'm trying to run multiple Turbine instances in a
J2EE application server (JBoss, for example) since
my different Turbine applications need different
Turbine setups.

However, there seems to be a problem: Turbine uses
some static class references and thus I get a
"Double initialization..." and other problems.

What are the ways to cope with this?

Is it possible to tell an application server to
isolate different applications?
If not, how great a task would it be to modify
Turbine not to use global references?
Other solutions?

Thanks,

    Panu

--
Panu Hällfors, panu@hallfors.com|CS Student, Helsinki University of Technology
   http://panu.hallfors.com     |    Chief Software Architect, Viloke Oy

Re: Running multiple Turbine instances in J2EE AS?

Posted by Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com>.
Replying to myself:

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 07:19:10PM +0300, Panu Hällfors wrote:
> However, there seems to be a problem: Turbine uses
> some static class references and thus I get a
> "Double initialization..." and other problems.

According to my tests, this seems to be a problem in
the classloaders or the way I set them up, not Turbine.

As far as I checked out, Turbine doesn't use custom
classloaders so the scope of the static fields should
be webapplication-wide. But not...
If anyone has run into similar problems with JBoss 3.0.0
please let me know.

    Panu