Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Dmitry Irlyanov <ir...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 13:15:52 UTC

[build] HWA doesn't work

Good day!

I've successfully build class libraries and DRLVM on Linux, but the build
doesn't work.
After starting Hello World Application the followinng exceptionis thrown:

Failed to open JVM
DLL:/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_icc_release/deploy/jre/bin/default/harmonyvm(/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_icc_release/deploy/jre/bin/default/libharmonyvm.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN20BootstrapClassLoader13SetBCPElementEPKcP10apr_pool_t)

Do you know the cause of this error?
Should I add this to JIRA or it is my fault?
_______________
With Best Regards,
Irlyanov Dmitry
Intel Corporation
Middleware Products Division

Re: [build] HWA doesn't work

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
IMO I think this is a "feature" of Intel compiler - here it's incompatible
with MS.
If method is marked as inline only in cpp file ICC inlines it and could not
produce body for the method in object file. Since method is public object
loader (MS one) looks for this method and fails.

PS. making this method not inlined does not affect performance at all.

Re: [build] HWA doesn't work

Posted by Dmitry Irlyanov <ir...@gmail.com>.
Geir, Evgueni

Re: [build] HWA doesn't work