Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/05/23 01:18:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.5.0, release candidate #5

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #5 for the version 1.5.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.5.0-rc5" [5],

Please use this document for coordinating testing efforts: [6]

Since the newly included fixes affect only individual components and are
covered by tests, I will shorten the voting period until tomorrow 5:30pm
CET. It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative
votes.

Thanks,
Your friendly Release Manager

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12341764
[2] http://people.apache.org/~trohrmann/flink-1.5.0-rc5/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1160/
[5]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=commit;h=841bfe4cceecc9cd6ad3d568173fdc0149a5dc9b
[6]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C1WwUphQj597jExWAXFUVkLH9Bi7-ir6drW9BgB8Ezo/edit?usp=sharing

Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>flink-1.5.0</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>flink-1.5.0</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>flink-1.5.0</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1160/
        </url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <id>archetype</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1160/
        </url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
  </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in you maven commands via --settings
path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.0, release candidate #5

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reporting the issues Timo. I think both of them are not blocking
the release and should be addressed for the following releases.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
-1

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
+1 from me.

Additionally for this RC5 I did some manual tests to double check backward compatibility of the bug fix:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9295 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9295>

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
We need to triage our Jira issues before the release: Issues that are actually merged/fixed should be marked as done and have 1.5.0 as fixVersion, all issues that are not closed/done/fixed should not have 1.5.0 as release version. I.e. there should be no open issues with 1.5.0 as fixVersion, otherwise they show up in the release notes.

--
Aljoscha