Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2010/05/03 14:13:44 UTC

providing integration tests for known bugs?

Hi!

It seems that I suffer from the same problems which got reported in OPENJPA-525 [1] while trying to write null value to a not null field.
It seems that OpenJPA magically converts it to an empty string, thus I get NO Exception in MySQL and I DO get an exception in Oracle (because Oracle treats empty VARCHAR strings as null).

Is there any integration test or unit test which proves OPENJPA-525?

If I'd like to write such a test, where should I add it?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-525

Re: AW: providing integration tests for known bugs?

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Since both of those issues have been closed and marked as fixed in
release notes, you should open a new JIRA for your scenario with the
details and testcase to recreate.

-Donald

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hoi!

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Mike!

I did poke that Test on 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and had 2 findings.

a) adding a @Column(nullable=false) and setting this field null causes an Exception. This is ok from the test perspective. However I need to retest this with my real world app.

b) I removed the nullable=false but added a
> @Table(name = "ANNOTEST1",
>        uniqueConstraints = @UniqueConstraint(name = "MyStringConstraint", columnNames = {"myString"}))

which did lead to the old known problem that myString is mandatory again. This is pretty much the same as reported in OPENJPA-1387 [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1387

The unit test for OPENJPA-525 should validate that it's working.
> Could you
try running TestSerializedLobs.java and see if it fails for
> you?

FWIW the tests are running with MySQL 5.1.12 in the 2.0.x branch and
> the
test passed..

Regards,
-mike