Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2007/03/16 16:01:06 UTC

change file maintenance, Re: svn commit: r518990 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-components/src: changes/changes.xml main/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ExceptionGenerator.java

vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:
>  <document>
> -    <release version="1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT" date="2007-00-00" description="unreleased">
> +    <release version="1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT" date="TBA" description="Unreleased">
> +    </release>
> +    <release version="1.0.0-M1" date="2007-02-12" description="Milestone release">

Shouldn't / can't this be done by the release process?

I'd go one step further and suggest that current tag on this module is bad since
tagged changes had incorrect version and release date, which would lead to
incorrect website pages generated for the module.

At the very least, this has to be done before tagging. Right now I had to hunt
for release date using 'svn log', and I'm sure I easily could make a mistake here.

Vadim

Re: change file maintenance, Re: svn commit: r518990 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-components/src: changes/changes.xml main/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ExceptionGenerator.java

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/1199.html

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonReleaseHowTo

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:
>>  <document>
>> -    <release version="1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT" date="2007-00-00"
>> description="unreleased">
>> +    <release version="1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT" date="TBA"
>> description="Unreleased">
>> +    </release>
>> +    <release version="1.0.0-M1" date="2007-02-12"
>> description="Milestone release">
>
> Shouldn't / can't this be done by the release process?

that would be great but I don't think that there is support for this