Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org> on 2009/03/26 13:24:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Log HTTP traffic (whole requests and responses)

  Hi,

  I am looking for a way to log all the HTTP traffic, as it
appears on the wire, including headers and entities content
(well, it can be in another format, but I'd like to have those
info.)  I looked at mod_log_config[1] and mod_logio[2], but it
seems this is not supported.

  Quite surprisingly, I was not able to find useful information
on the web neither, while I thought that would have been a rather
common need.

  Did I miss something?

  Regards,

[1]http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html
[2]http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_logio.html

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Log HTTP traffic (whole requests and responses)

Posted by Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org>.
Dan Poirier wrote:

> It might be that since wireshark does this so well, nobody's
> felt the need to add it to Apache.  Have you looked at wireshark?

  Yes, I used it a few times.  Actually I haven't thought to use it on server-side, but someone else suggested that off-list.  The problem is that sys admins here do not want to install it on the server, while I can change the Apache configuration myself.

  It seems the best I can do is to use Wireshark on a per-client basis (without being able to gather all server traffic at once.)

  Thanks for suggestion.  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/