Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> on 2001/11/21 15:24:32 UTC

RE: DOS Message: "Starting Tomcat in New Window", but Server is a pparently not running.

You can try:

    bin\tomcat.bat run

to start in the current window which will allow you to see
the error.

Also, it looks like your TOMCAT_HOME has a trailing '\'.
I would recommend removing it.  You could also set TOMCAT_HOME
using the "JAKART~1.4" form of the name or rename the TOMCAT_HOME
directory to be DOS 8.3 name compilaint (for example e:\Tc324).
This will allow the tomcat.bat file to build the CLASSPATH
from the jars it finds in TOMCAT_HOME\lib.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Larry