Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Roman Makurin <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 11:16:32 UTC

commons-net ftpsclient secure data connection

Hi all!

I have question about commons-net FTPSClient. Looks like data
connection not encrypted by default, but I`m forced to use only secure
connection, couse ftp server reject unencrypted. So, how can I turn on
data channel encryption on?

here is my core:

FTPSClient ftpClient = new FTPSClient();
ftpClient.connect(host, port);
ftpClient.enterLocalPassiveMode();
ftpClient.login(user, pass);
ftpClient.listFiles("/");
ftpClient.logout();

and i have following error messgae from server:
522 You have to turn on secure data connection.

Thanks

--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
 then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...

Re: commons-net ftpsclient secure data connection

Posted by Roman Makurin <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks 4 reply. But I already found the soultion. Data channel
encription settings
available through execPROT method on ftpsclient.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.