Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Weifeng Wang <We...@bioinfogroup.com> on 2002/03/07 19:45:27 UTC

Simple name-based vhosting -- reposting

Good Afternoon,

I have not found a solution to my simple name-based vhosting problem.  I
would like to go back to the beginning and repost this question.  Basically,
I followed the "Simple name-based vhosting" example from Apache
documentation and I got the "page cannot be found" error.  I specified the
following in the httpd.conf file:

Port 7778
ServerName bigus01

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /app/www/biorevelations
ServerName www.biorevelations.com
</VirtualHost>

I am doing this on the internal network.  The Apache server is installed on
Sun Solaris machine.  I can ping or nslookup the "www.biorevelations.com"
and they do point to the IP address of the server "bigus01".  By the way, I
have turned off the proxy setting on the browser.  I would appreciate very
much if anyone can give me a help.  Thanks in advance.

Weifeng Wang