Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2002/08/04 04:49:43 UTC

Re: UserConf memory leak

davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> Is there a problem with dropping the Tcl_IncrRefCount in a few
> cases?  That seems the simplest thing to do.  And before/after
> script are never executed directly...

That didn't really help.

The problem, surprisingly, came back to this:

      ap_table_set( rdc->rivet_user_vars, var, string );

in Rivet_UserConf.

It leaks memory somehow... maybe it's creating the string in there
each time and it gets spun out into the void *.  I'm not sure - we
need to find a way around it:-/  I'm not married to the uservars, but
I can see how they would be useful...

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: UserConf memory leak

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

>       ap_table_set( rdc->rivet_user_vars, var, string );
>
> in Rivet_UserConf.
>
> It leaks memory somehow... maybe it's creating the string in there
> each time and it gets spun out into the void *.  I'm not sure - we
> need to find a way around it:-/  I'm not married to the uservars, but
> I can see how they would be useful...

I think what must be happening is that the table is created with a
server pool, so each time it goes through user conf, it just adds
stuff there, and it never gets cleaned up.  Hrm... bad stuff.
Thinking about ways to fix it.