Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/08/08 22:48:14 UTC

Re: print OUT in 2.0b3 (was: 2.0b3 and processing "input" fields)

Sorry, I missed this the first time. It's better change the subject line if
you have a new subject :-)

> [* foreach my $row (@$Contacts) { *]
>                         [*
>                                 print OUT $row->{'LastName'} ;
>                                 if ($row->{'FirstName'} and
$row->{'LastName'}) {
>                                         print OUT ', ' ;
>                                 }
>                                 print OUT $row->{'FirstName'} ;
>                         *]
> [* } *]
>
> However, in 2.0b3 I get the output repeated like this (same number of
lines though

printing to OUT doesn't work correctly in 2.0b3. It will be fixed in 2.0b4.
Quoting README.v2 which comes with the Embperl 2 distribution:

The following things are not fully tested/working yet:

- [- exit -]

- safe namespaces

- print to OUT does not work correctly inside of loops

Gerald