Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@hotmail.com> on 2000/01/22 01:46:27 UTC

Re: Xerces 1.0.2 release plan a +1

I build current version in CVS and execute some of my apps. and I found no
problems just some semantic warnings ( yes I am using Jikes).

The the semantic warnings that I found are:

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/va
lidators/schema/SchemaMessageProvider.java":

   116.             } catch (Exception e) {
                             <--------->
*** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there is no
exception w
hose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be thrown during
execu
tion of the body of the try block. However, this being a base exception
class, c
ompilation will proceed.
[write
F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/validators/datatype/DatatypeMess
ageProvider.class]

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/va
lidators/datatype/DatatypeMessageProvider.java":

   115.             } catch (Exception e) {
                             <--------->
*** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there is no
exception w
hose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be thrown during
execu
tion of the body of the try block. However, this being a base exception
class, c
ompilation will proceed.
[write
F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/utils/ImplementationMessages.cla
ss]

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/ut
ils/ImplementationMessages.java":

   114.             } catch (Exception e) {
                             <--------->
*** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there is no
exception w
hose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be thrown during
execu
tion of the body of the try block. However, this being a base exception
class, c
                             <--------->
*** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there is no
exception
hose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be thrown during
exec
tion of the body of the try block. However, this being a base exception
class,
ompilation will proceed.
[write F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/utils/XMLMessages.class]

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/u
ils/XMLMessages.java":

   116.             } catch (Exception e) {
                             <--------->
*** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there is no
exception
hose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be thrown during
exec
tion of the body of the try block. However, this being a base exception
class,
ompilation will proceed.

Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"F:/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/re
aders/XCatalog.java":

   628.                     InputStream is =
getClass().getResourceAsStream(DTD)
;
*** Caution: Ambiguous reference to member named "getClass" inherited from
type
"java/lang/Object" but also declared or inherited in the enclosing type
"org/apa
che/xerces/readers/XCatalog$Parser". Explicit qualification is required.

I'm all +1 for a 1.0.2

Jeffrey Rodriguez
XML Developer
IBM Cupertino