Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2008/09/26 13:15:40 UTC

config.h symbols redefinition

as those who compiled Rivet for Apache2 might have noticed, there
are many conflicting definitions between rivet's autotools generated
config.h and apache's same file.

I'm experimenting with the macro AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H
taken from the autotools macro archive
(a GPLed project visible at http://git.cryp.to/autoconf-archive)
that is able to rename config.h into whatever you tell it to do.
This macro renames the preprocessor symbols in <whatever_config.h>
by prefixing them with a predefined string that defaults to the project name
as defined in AC_INIT. The people working on this project were very helpful
and I will look into their site more closely for other stuff which we
might benefit from.

The implications are quite simple: the macro should be added to the
repository
(I put it in a m4 directory for possible inclusions of other macros) and
various things  have to be changed in the code.  I'm in the process of
doing  it
and it looks like a straightforward task. I just wonder  what is  your
opinion
and if ther's some general objection raised against this before
proceeding with a commit of these changes.

ciao

 -- Massimo