Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2016/11/21 17:26:08 UTC

The next release (v1.1.0)

Now that graduation is done (!!), we need to organize our next release.  I propose we focus on completing the transition to TLP and cleaning up “incubating" references.  The sequence would look something like this:

1) Transition the git repo, mailing lists, etc.
2) Update incubating references in source, docs, website, wiki, …
3) Do a release.

Thoughts?

We need a release manager.  Any volunteers?

Also, we need to rename the JIRA version from 1.1.0-incubating to 1.1.0.  Can someone with JIRA karma help?

Anthony

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
FYI, I started work on GEODE-2156 to remove references to “incubating”.  Feel free to jump in on the feature branch (feature/GEODE-2156).

I don’t plan to merge this to develop until the infrastructure changes are ready (see INFRA-12937).

Anthony

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Nitin Lamba <nl...@apache.org>.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Dor Ben Dov <do...@amdocs.com>.
Hi Anthony

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Dor,

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
+1... We all want this project to be the best it can be.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1 to getting this stuff cleaned up. I'd really like to see us get into a
more regular release cadence.

I renamed 1.1.0-incubating to 1.1.0 in JIRA.

Dor - I don't think any of the active committers are planning on leaving.
We're working on this project because we want it to thrive, and graduation
is one more thing that will help it grow!

-Dan

RE: The next release (v1.1.0)

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

RE: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Dor Ben Dov <do...@amdocs.com>.
Anthony,

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Yay!
+1

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Sorry, I was reading too quickly. The third one should be do-able, as well.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Mark Bretl <mb...@apache.org>.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.
Re: 2) I'll take a look at GEODE-2031, versioning the documentation.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Hitesh!  You will need to follow the instructions at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Steps.

The instructions will need to be updated since we do not need to go through the IPMC vote.  Please make sure you have a GPG key as noted in the instructions.

Anthony

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)

Posted by Hitesh Khamesra <hi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: The next release (v1.1.0)