Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 06:34:13 UTC

Password Management in OS Templates Not Working

Hi,

I Followed the following url to add the Password Management in OS
templates....place the "cloud-set-guest-password" in the /etc/init.d/.

When i try to deploy the new VM with this template,VM deployed successfully
and prompt the new password,but when try to login to VM...the new password
doesn't work...old password can still use.

Thanks,
punit

Re: Password Management in OS Templates Not Working

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Yes I just checked the script it contains control characters.
Please use the script at link https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/setup/bindir/cloud-set-guest-password.in

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prasanna,

Now it's working perfect....thanks for your all help....

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Password Management in OS Templates Not Working

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prasanna,

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Password Management in OS Templates Not Working

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harikrishna,

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Try these:

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Password Management in OS Templates Not Working

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Hi

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.