Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kevin J. Duling" <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/08 00:56:00 UTC

Hanging in SAX parser

I'm working on my first SOAP application where a B2B conversation must occur between my app and another company's.  I believe the other side is written in C#, but I don't have any direct access to it.  I just have a resource out on the net I can hit and the WSDLs they've given me.

I'm having a problem deep down in the AXIS lib.  In org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse() at line #225, I enter the SAXParser, but never come out.  I don't know how to solve this.

Using tcpmon, I can see that the response has come back successfully.  And if I stop tcpmon and sever the socket, the parser returns.  This work-around has gotten me to this point, but it's not a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The response I receive is as follows:

==== Response ====
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: keep-alive
Server: Indy/9.0.11

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body SOAP-ENC:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><NS1:GetVersionResponse xmlns:NS1="urn:uOBI_Intf-IOBISMSClient"><return xsi:type="xsd:string">1.01</return></NS1:GetVersionResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

==============

Re: Hanging in SAX parser

Posted by "Kevin J. Duling" <ja...@hotmail.com>.
I've written a small demo app that illustrates the problem.  I've compiled
and run this against Axis 1.2RC1 and Xerces 2.6.2.  I'd like to know if
anyone else has the same problem or if someone sees something in my code
that's whacked.

Posted by "Kevin J. Duling" <ja...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Hanging in SAX parser

Posted by "Kevin J. Duling" <ja...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Hanging in SAX parser

Posted by Alex Karshakevich <al...@thoughtspeed.biz>.

RE: Hanging in SAX parser

Posted by Greg Michalopoulos <gm...@d2hawkeye.com>.
Ive used Xerces 2.6.2 with success.  When I did not specify the Xerces jar's
in the class path I did have some issues although I cant remember if I had
your specific issue.

  _____

Is there a particular version of xerces required for Axis 1.2?  I'm
wondering if my problem is related to the version of my xerces library.

Re: Hanging in SAX parser