Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> on 2007/01/23 18:48:43 UTC

Site Documentation in a Multi Project

I have a fairly large maven build with approx 30-40 different projects
grouped into different submodules.  My layout is as follows.

pom.xml  (includes modules common, app1, app2, etc... no plugins define,
just lists build order)
---common
------pom.xml  (type=pom, build projects in common)
------maven-build (type=pom, defines all common plugins and
dependencyManagement)
---------pom.xml
------proj2
---------pom.xml
------proj2
---------pom.xml
---app1
------pom.xml  (type=pom, build projects in app1)
------app1-proj1
---------pom.xml
------app1-proj2
---------pom.xml
etc

The problem that I am having is that site documentation created in the root
directory (where the main pom.xml resides) does not have any links to
modules (common, app1, app2, etc).  In addition, aggregation plugins like
javadoc, clover, etc don't seem to be aggregating at the main pom level.  I
had this working a while back when I was running all modules from the
maven-build projects, but I had to remove modules from there because of
ciruclar dependency issues.  In any event, I would like to have a main
pom.xml that does nothing more than list the modules that need to be built.
In addition, I would like the site documentation to be fully integrated so
that I can easily navigate to sub modules and view aggregated reports.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jp4