Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carsten Pieper <ca...@continentale.de> on 2007/08/28 11:56:11 UTC

[TRINIDAD] commandButton with empty text has strange offset in Firefox

Hi everyone,

we sometimes need buttons without a text (in their disabled state we don't
want to
show the text, just an icon in its disabled form). A code snippet might look
like this
(ignoring icons...):

		<f:facet name="bottom">
		</f:facet>

This gets rendered strangely in Firefox (I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.6): The button
with empty
text (it doesn't seem to matter, if you have a blank in it or don't define
the attribute text
at all) is shifted 1px downwards compared to the button with text (or 2px
for disabled="false").

These are the rendered buttons (no differences in the surrounding td's, so I
omitted them here) are :

<button class="af_commandButton p_AFDisabled" disabled="" type="button">
</button>

and

<button class="af_commandButton"
onclick="submitForm('_id5',1,{source:'_id18:_id25:_id130'});return false;"
type="button">Some button</button>

Using Firebug and inspecting the CSS (tab "Style" in Firebug) I can't find
anything that would
cause this "downshift". However, when examining the layout (tab "Layout" in
Firebug)  I detect
a "top offset" of 1px (or 2px for enabled buttons without text) which isn't
there when a text
is defined.

In IE6, everything is rendered as expected (without those offsets).

Any ideas? Is this a bug (and if yes, a Trinidad bug or a Firefox bug)?

Thanks in advance,
Carsten