Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Joshua Beck <de...@jbeck.com.au> on 2017/03/30 03:04:12 UTC

DOM folder - where is it hiding?

Hi, I am new to Apache Isis and trying to get familiar with the setup and
workflow. I have been working through the official first tutorial, "Pet
Clinic".

In the archetype version used (1.13.1), the DOM folder appears as a top
level folder in the generated project.  This corresponds to other
documentation and YouTube videos, and enables the Enhancer to be set up in
IntelliJ IDEA as per the instructions in the Developer's Guide, at:
https://isis.apache.org/guides/dg.html#__dg_ide_intellij_running .

The setting up of the enhancer is pointed out to be a very important step,
and clearly, one needs to know what Working Directory to point the enhancer
to.  But also, that DOM folder seems to be the key thing upon which the
entire Apache Isis concept is based.

So, after 1.13.1, where has it disappeared to?  I have tried to puzzle
through the pom.xml and pom-jdo-enhance-all.xml files, but I'm no Maven
expert and it's not making sense to me.

Thanks
Josh

Re: DOM folder - where is it hiding?

Posted by Joshua Beck <de...@jbeck.com.au>.
All good, thanks for the info. It would be helpful to update the
documentation about that.

It seems the enhancer in the IntelliJ launch config can now just be set to
point to the overall project, and it will sniff out the files that need to
be enhanced.  That's a change from earlier, when it had to specifically
point to the DOM folder.  Although, I guess it takes longer because it has
to evaluate every file in the other folders as well.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com

Posted by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com>.
I am quite behind the times, sorry Josh

Re: Nature of JAXB Views Models

Posted by Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmail.com>.
Perfect
Patrick

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Patrick,

Posted by Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
thanks Jeroen.

slight typo ... "myIncludedProperty" is listed twice.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
This is how I use it:

Nature of JAXB Views Models

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
For 1.14.0 onwards, the preferred approach is to set properties.  There are
used to configure the surefire plugin which is a "maven mixin", as per [1]

Specifically, you can use -DskipUTs , -DskipITs , -DskipBSs .  You can also
use -DskipTests to skip all tests.

For earlier versions (1.13.x and previously), you can use -DskipTests to
skip all tests, or you can use -pl !integtests , described further here [2]
for example

HTH
Dan

[1] https://github.com/danhaywood/java-mavenmixin-surefire#how-to-use
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/a/27177197/56880

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

AW: DOM folder - where is it hiding?

Posted by "Rade, Joerg / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham GI-DP" <Jo...@Kuehne-Nagel.com>.
Hi Stephen, Josh,

CMIIW the integtest folder gets important when there are more than one dom folder(s).
At least I have commented it out in the root pom.xml and it saves a couple of seconds when I build.

Writing this I think about putting test calls to the REST Api here ...

Best regards
Jörg
The dom (domain object model) project has not disappeared after 1.13.1.

 The standard project setup is actually a group of 5 sub-projects (each with their own maven project object model file 'pom.xml'): app, dom (domain object model), fixtures, integtest, webapp.

All are important and cross-link, but you are correct that the dom project will normally contain the classes that need to be enhanced by DataNucleus, which for efficient workflow you should enable in your IDE of choice.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Joshua Beck <de...@jbeck.com.au> wrote:

> Hi, I am new to Apache Isis and trying to get familiar with the setup
> and workflow. I have been working through the official first tutorial,
> "Pet Clinic".
>
> In the archetype version used (1.13.1), the DOM folder appears as a
> top level folder in the generated project.  This corresponds to other
> documentation and YouTube videos, and enables the Enhancer to be set
> up in IntelliJ IDEA as per the instructions in the Developer's Guide, at:
> https://isis.apache.org/guides/dg.html#__dg_ide_intellij_running .
>
> The setting up of the enhancer is pointed out to be a very important
> step, and clearly, one needs to know what Working Directory to point
> the enhancer to.  But also, that DOM folder seems to be the key thing
> upon which the entire Apache Isis concept is based.
>
> So, after 1.13.1, where has it disappeared to?  I have tried to puzzle
> through the pom.xml and pom-jdo-enhance-all.xml files, but I'm no
> Maven expert and it's not making sense to me.
>
> Thanks
> Josh

Kühne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG
Rechtsform: Kommanditgesellschaft, Bremen HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878.
Geschäftsleitung Kühne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG: Dr. Hansjörg Rodi (Vors. ), Martin Brinkmann, Matthias Heimbach, Jan-Hendrik Köstergarten, Nicholas Minde, Michael Nebel, Lars Wedel, Matthias Weiner.
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Kühne & Nagel A.G., Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft nach luxemburgischem Recht, HR-Nr.: B 18745, Geschäftsführendes Verwaltungsratsmitglied: Karl Gernandt.
Geschäftsleitung Region Zentral- und Osteuropa: Dr. Hansjörg Rodi (Vors.), Thierry Held, Uwe Hött, Richard Huhn, Holger Ketz, Jan-Hendrik Köstergarten, Jan Kunze, Michael Nebel, Guillaume Sauzedde, Mustafa Sener.

Wir arbeiten ausschließlich auf Grundlage der Allgemeinen Deutschen Spediteurbedingungen 2017 (ADSp 2017). Hinweis: Die ADSp 2017 weichen in Ziffer 23 hinsichtlich des Haftungshöchstbetrages für Güterschäden (§ 431 HGB) vom Gesetz ab, indem sie die Haftung bei multimodalen Transporten unter Einschluss einer Seebeförderung und bei unbekanntem Schadenort auf 2 SZR/kg und im Übrigen die Regelhaftung von 8,33 SZR/kg zusätzlich auf 1,25 Millionen Euro je Schadenfall sowie 2,5 Millionen Euro je Schadenereignis, mindestens aber 2 SZR/kg, beschränken. Die ADSp sind auf unserer Webseite als Download erhältlich. Auf Anfrage senden wir Ihnen diese auch gerne zu.

Re: DOM folder - where is it hiding?

Posted by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Josh,