Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk> on 2007/06/06 17:37:47 UTC

New Jira tickets

Hello everyone.
My sincere apologies if this question should've been asked on struts-user.
I have reported 2 bugs in struts2 on jira. How long does it usually take
from a bug is repported until it is determined whether bug actually is a
bug and not just me being stupid?

The two issues are:

To what component does struts tags belong?

Kind regards
Jan Hornbøll Hansen

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 6/6/07, Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk> wrote:
> Which mailing list are you refering to? This one or struts user? I am
> pretty sure these are genuine bugs, my humble nature just prohibits me
> from making bold claims without leaving room for the possibility of me
> being wrong.

>From our perspective, filing an issue in JIRA is a "bolder" claim than
posting the same message to the user list. (Of course, no one is
offended. We are glad you are taking the time to participate!)

More people follow the mailing list than the dev list or JIRA tickets.
Posting to the user list first provides the opportunity for other
users to find a usage error, or to confirm that it is problem, perhaps
one that other people have found and have already reported.

The title and content of the tickets is fine for the user list, and we
would suggest that you repost the same material there.

To answer the initial question, the time varies, which is another good
reason to post to the user list first!

-Ted.

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Well, not all of them are verified, but it is better if they are reported
first on the list, as some times it is a duplicated issue, and then we have
to go and find the original one, and, we are lazy :)

thanks for reporting
musachy

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk>.

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk> wrote:
> Philip Luppens skrev:
>> then it's a good indication you should ask on the
>> user list before submitting it as a bug or problem.
> Which mailing list are you refering to? This one or
> struts user?

Er, user. It's also a way of discovering if the
functionality in question is a known issue and has
already been submitted or possibly even fixed.

d.

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk>.

Re: New Jira tickets

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 6/6/07, Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> My sincere apologies if this question should've been asked on struts-user.
> I have reported 2 bugs in struts2 on jira. How long does it usually take
> from a bug is repported until it is determined whether bug actually is a
> bug and not just me being stupid?

Actually, both issues should have been reported on the mailing list
first, so they could be verified to be bugs or just 'you being
stupid'. If you're not sure if it's a user mistake or a genuine bug,
then it's a good indication you should ask on the user list before
submitting it as a bug or problem.

Hth,

Phil

> The two issues are:
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1954
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1972
>
> To what component does struts tags belong?
>
> Kind regards
> Jan Hornbøll Hansen

Software Architect - Memenco Consulting
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods