Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rod Lockwood <ro...@provide.net> on 2013/02/25 09:48:45 UTC

Feature Request

Is there some way of adding a way of adding things like row height and
column width to the Page Styles in Calc? I need my row heights a little
taller now on all of my spreadsheets. When I changed the template they are
all based on I find I have to adjust the row heights on all the files
manually anyway.

I get the update prompt, but the row heights remain the same. New
templates reflect the new row heights, but I need the old files to be
updated. I had the same problem with the column widths. There is no way to
set things like the row heights and column widths anywhere in the Style
box.

It also seems to me that the default files should be changed, so you can
call your new defaults from the main menu instead of from MyTemplates. You
should be able to customize the default besides creating templates for
variations. The original default files could be stored separately in case
you want to go back. As it is, I never use the New file menu options or
the new file buttons on the main window, because they only open the old
default files that I never use.

--
Rod Lockwood

Re: Feature Request

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 03:48 25/02/2013 -0500, Rod Lockwood wrote:
>Is there some way of adding a way of adding things like row height
>and column width to the Page Styles in Calc?  I need my row heights
>a little taller now on all of my spreadsheets. When I changed the
>template they are all based on I find I have to adjust the row
>heights on all the files manually anyway.

Probably not.  The problem is that row heights and column widths are
in general different for each row and column and not fixed for all of
a page or sheet - let alone an entire spreadsheet.

>It also seems to me that the default files should be changed, so you
>can call your new defaults from the main menu instead of from
>MyTemplates. You should be able to customize the default besides
>creating templates for variations.

You can.  Create and save a template with your required
properties.  Go to File | Templates > | Organize..., browse to and
select your new template, and then use Commands | Set As Default Template.

>The original default files could be stored separately in case you
>want to go back.

They will be.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker