Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Karthik <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/08 21:30:33 UTC

What is the CLI eq. of "add jar
I need to pass some custom Java classes that I use as InputFormats and SerDe classes to Hive Queries made from HWI.  I use "add jar <path>" from CLI that works without any issues.  How do I do the same from HWI?

I have set the "hive.aux.jars.path" path where the JAR files are, but that is not passed on to the DataNodes as it's used only for Hive SerDe and not for InputFormat classes that is needed by the MR jobs.

Please advice.

Regards,
Karthik.

Re: What is the CLI eq. of "add jar Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi Karthik,
>
> Do you have access to the cluster?  The simplest way is to put the jars
> into the cluster, $HADOOP_HOME/lib directories on each of the nodes.  This
> will require TTs restart though.
>
> Alex K
>

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Karthik <ka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I need to pass some custom Java classes that I use as InputFormats and
>> SerDe classes to Hive Queries made from HWI.  I use "add jar <path>" from
>> CLI that works without any issues.  How do I do the same from HWI?
>>
>> I have set the "hive.aux.jars.path" path where the JAR files are, but that
>> is not passed on to the DataNodes as it's used only for Hive SerDe and not
>> for InputFormat classes that is needed by the MR jobs.
>>
>> Please advice.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Karthik.
>>

> For the web interface, 'add jar'  looks for the jar on the node that
started the web interface.

Regards,
Edward

Re: What is the CLI eq. of "add jar Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.