Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/16 15:35:51 UTC

Proposal: Set Celery 4.0 as a minimum as Celery 4 is unsupported

Hi,

Some refactoring of the Celery config is underway and as some of the options have changed between Celery 3 and 4 I have asked the question whether Celery 3 is still supported. Apparently it is not (https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258 <https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258>).

As Celery 3 is also 2 major releases behind I propose to set Celery 4.0 as a minimum supported version with Celery 4.1 being the recommend version. I think this is also important as we do see some intermittent issues with Celery that are reported to us but are, most likely, issues in Celery. I don’t want to take care of those as they are difficult to debug.

I would like to do this per 1.9.0. The 1.8.X branch can still support Celery 3.

Cheers
Bolke

Re: Proposal: Set Celery 4.0 as a minimum as Celery 4 is unsupported

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
4.0 minimum
and 4.1 as recommended?
Celery 4.1 re-added sqla transport
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-797
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-749

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Alex Guziel <alex.guziel@airbnb.com.invalid

Posted by Alex Guziel <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
ping.

I'd like some more feedback.

Cheers
Bolke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
4.1 has re-added support. We can default to 4.1 on Travis as well. Redis/rabbitmq can both work on Travis as well indeed.

B.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com>.