Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Swayam Vemuri -X (swvemuri - WIPRO at Cisco)" <sw...@cisco.com> on 2006/10/19 10:23:55 UTC

Prepared Statement Caching

Hi

Can anyone please let me know whether OJB supports below

And how it does each of the below

(a)     Does it support select-before-update?

(b)     Does it implement prepared statement caching?

(c)     Does it support Role based access?

(d)     Does it support views?

Thanks

Swayam

Re: Prepared Statement Caching

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Swayam,

sorry for the late reply.

Swayam Vemuri -X (swvemuri - WIPRO at Cisco) wrote:
> Hi
>

> Can anyone please let me know whether OJB supports below
>
> And how it does each of the below
>

> (a)     Does it support select-before-update?

Sorry nope. You have to do this by your own. We support optimistic (and
pessimistic) locking
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/lockmanager.html
but on update always all fields will be written to DB (except if you are
using different metadata profiles, but this won't help to detect changed
fields)
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/metadata.html

> (b)     Does it implement prepared statement caching?

Yep, if you use the DBCP based ConnectionFactory implementation.
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/connection.html

> (c)     Does it support Role based access?

You have to build this upon OJB. OJB is only a O/R mapper.

> (d)     Does it support views?

It's not official documented, but some OJB-user using views within OJB.
Please search the user-list.

regards,
Armin