Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Peter Hullah <Pe...@eurocontrol.fr> on 1998/07/28 13:03:03 UTC

os-windows/2726: Starting server under NT services gives "Error 0005: Access Denied"

>Number:         2726
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Starting server under NT services gives "Error 0005: Access Denied"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Apache installed correctly. When I run it from a command prompt:
   cd Program Files\Apache group\Apache\
   apache
everything works fine.

Installing it as a service "apache -i" (or using the link suppied) works fine
too.

However, when I go into Configuration Panel -> Services and try to start the
service I get:

Could not start the Apache service on \\<machinename>
Error 0005: Access denied

where <machinename> is the name of my machine.

I've tried specifying my login and the administrator's login for the service
but it doesn't change anything.

The NT Event log lists the event as Event 7000.

Nothing is written to the Apache logs.

The Apache Group tree has "Full Control" for me, Administrator and SYSTEM
and "Read Execute" for Everyone.
>How-To-Repeat:
I didn't do anything other than install the software so I'm not sure you can
as it obviously works for you or you wouldn't have released it!